From: "Andrew Carroll" <andrew@carroll-tech.net>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
Subject: Microsoft & Ada
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:31:03 -0600
Date: 2004-09-07T00:31:03-06:00	[thread overview]

Well let's see.  Micorsoft recently gave my almamater six million
dollars worth of software and other "stuff".  Do you think their
generocity is a means to and end?  The school sure appreciates it and
any C.S. students that go there get free software.  The freshmen I
talked to recently (who were there when I was a senior) say there has
been a "sharp" (no pun intended) curriculum change.  Go figure.

It's not that great of me to say bad things about a company that has
given A LOT of money to others.  Then again giving with the expectation
of getting something back isn't giving, it's bribing.  Ada has A LOT
going for it and one very, very large customer (with deeeeeep pockets).
You got it, Uncle Sam plus all the other countries who use Ada.

The real sad part about it, if it actually came down to this, is that
your experience and education with Ada doesn't have the Microsoft
Certificate of Approval to develop Ada software the "Microsoft way".
Ouch...  Oh no, make no mistake about it, MS Visual Ada will be MUCH
different than the Ada you know.  That's almost a guarantee.

I can see it now..."smart bombs" flying through the air with a big blue,
red, green and yellow stickers on it that say "Powered by Centrino" or
"Windows inside".
I can almost hear it...
"CP, CP this is seal team two over"
"go ahead team two"
"We've got a SITREP"
"Send the SITREP team two"
"We're pinned down by three Iraqi tanks and our smart missles won't
fire"
"Did you reboot team two?"
"Roger"
"Did you check the events in the event viewer"
"Roger, no clear resolutions available"
"Wait one team two"
"Roger CP"
"Team two this is CP"
"Go ahead CP"
"Microsoft support wants to know if you installed the latest service
pack"

Ehhhh, I'm so optomistic at times.  I'm sure there is SOMETHING good to
come of it right?  Who knows, maybe they'll come out with AdaOS.

Is the Ada language and grammar licensed or patented?

Yep, your right, I'm over reacting.

Andrew Carroll
Carroll-Tech
720-273-6814