* addr2line and shared libraries
@ 2004-05-21 12:46 S�bastien Thoos
From: S�bastien Thoos @ 2004-05-21 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 425 bytes --]

Hello,

I am trying to find out how to use
the addr2line command with shared
librairies.

I have non-symbolic output but can't
get a complete symbolic output. I stop
having source information as soon as the
code enters the shared library.

Thsnks,

S�bastien.

Yahoo! Domains � Claim yours for only $14.70/year

* Re: addr2line and shared libraries
@ 2004-05-21 13:35 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2004-05-21 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Sébastien" Thoos writes:
> I am trying to find out how to use the addr2line command with shared
> librairies.
>
> I have non-symbolic output but can't get a complete symbolic
> output. I stop having source information as soon as the code enters
> the shared library.

It looks like you have compiled your shared libraries without dbugging
symbols.

If you use shared libraries straight from your distribution, chances
are they've been stripped of their debugging symbols; this is the
policy on Debian, for example.  On Debian, as a matter of policy, the
-dev package for each library provides a static library with debugging
symbols.  If you link against it, addr2line should work.  I can't
speak for other distros; you may have to recompile the library.

--
Ludovic Brenta.