From: "Alexandre E. Kopilovitch" <aek@VB1162.spb.edu>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: C# should be last plain-text language
Date: Sun,  8 Feb 2004 18:29:41 +0300 (MSK)
Date: 2004-02-08T18:29:41+03:00	[thread overview]

Amir Yantimirov wrote:

> Generally, I think, existent programming languages are good enough
> for solving current programing tasks. Troubles come not from what tasks
> are difficult but from what they are numerous. This problem lies
> outside of language domain. And any new improvements as Ada 20XX or
> C++ 20XX cannot change this fact.
>
> The lesson of most productive environment I work with (C++ Builder)
> is that language is only part of development system. And the most
> effective addition to language are those what helps language better
> integrate with whole system.

As you mentioned (Borland) C++ Builder, you must know the language element,
which is fairly critical for Delphi and then C++ Builder integration abilities
- "property". I always thought that this language element would be useful in
Ada, but it does not seem a simple task to add it properly. I tried that
several times, but failed so far.

Alexander Kopilovitch                      aek@vib.usr.pu.ru
Saint-Petersburg
Russia