From: Duncan Sands <baldrick@free.fr>
To: Jano <nono@celes.unizar.es>, comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: Gnat 3.15p bugs (was: ADA vs JAVA sockets)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:24:22 +0100
Date: 2004-01-08T17:24:22+01:00	[thread overview]

> BTW, is somewhere a knowledge base or something about bugs in 3.15p? In
> a middle sized hobby project I've stumbled across these:
>
> * The unreliable delays in NT
> * The Check_selector bug
>
> These are bad because can go unnoticed for quite time, and the first one
> was specially hard to track down. Sad enough, once I figured what was
> happening (by asking here, BTW, after a lot of tests), it was made
> evident that it was not a bug unheard-of.
>
> About errors during compilation, I've had gnat crashing several times
> when compiling generics with protected types, but I couldn't extract the
> exact reasons for this. Just moved some declarations around and it
> worked.
>
> To have foreknowledge of these problems is obviously very interesting as
> it can save many, many time.

Try getting gcc from CVS (gcc.gnu.org) and compiling GNAT.  Many, many
bugs have been fixed.  All the bugs I know of are fixed in there.  Usually
when I report a bug to ACT, they fix it in a few days time, and the fix
turns up in CVS shortly afterwards.  The ACT people also seem to be
watching the gcc bugzilla, so you can also report bugs there.  Having
a version in bugs are fixed is better than having a list of bugs IMHO.

All the best,

Duncan.