From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org>
To: James Alan Farrell <anonymous@anonymous.com>
Cc: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: Using ASIS when source is in multiple directories
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:58:10 -0400
Date: 2005-04-18T19:58:10-04:00	[thread overview]

James Alan Farrell <anonymous@anonymous.com> writes:

> Hello all,
> I'm working on software to analyze Ada programs using ASIS.  I find
> that when the source is in multiple directories, ASIS cannot find all
> the .adt files.  Is there some way to tell ASIS where to look?

Hmm. Are the .adt files in multiple directories? or just the source
files?

The "normal" way to use ASIS with GNAT is to run GNAT in a separate
build directory, giving it -I options for each source directory. That
way, all the .adt, .ali, .o files are in the one build directory.

See Auto_Text_IO
(http://www.toadmail.com/~ada_wizard/ada/auto_text_io.html) for an
example of how to run the compiler from within an ASIS program.

--
-- Stephe