From: Marius Amado Alves <amado.alves@netcabo.pt>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: clarification of ARM  12.3 Generic Instantiation
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:25:05 +0100
Date: 2005-04-11T12:25:05+01:00	[thread overview]

> Is it thus allowed to have a generic package A
> that instantiates the generic packages B and C
> when package C also instantiates package B?

Yes. B and C are siblings, one can instantiate the other (but one-way
only), it doesn't matter who their parent is.

> Running the above in a seperate test program works fine. When I
> include it in my large code, the result is radom. Sometimes it works,
> sometimes the numbers are wrong and sometimes the numbers are even NaN
> values. This all depends on the array dimensions say 100x100 or
> 1000x1000 might work and 300x200 crashes. Further it depends on the
> floating point type. digits 18 crashes often, but long_float and even
> float fails in some cases.

 From this description the usual suspects are: conversions, specially
unchecked, overflows in intermediary computation, including logical
overflows in modular types, and uninitialised arrays.

> I am compiling using GNAT Academic version.

If you're registered with the GAP programme, you can ask for help there.