From: "Alexander E. Kopilovich" <aek@VB1162.spb.edu>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: [OT] price of doing science (was: No call for Ada...)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:25:01 +0400 (MSD)
Date: 2004-04-30T19:25:01+04:00	[thread overview]

Marius Amado Alves wrote:

> Believe me, it's perceived as the "price", and not at all "natural", at
> least by the vast majority of scientists, form all over the world, and
> particulary Europe, I've been working with in various institutions for the
> last decade or so.

A scientist, who explicitly asks to believe him regarding a non-private issue
in which he apparently did not conduct any scientific research, looks somehow
strange.

How do you know what those many (vast majority) scientists to whom your are
referring do perceive? You could see only that they displayed publicly (and
the tradition requires them to display distaste for those purely
organizational matters).

> A scientist's dream is to have some department take care
> of all aspects except the scientific when preparing and managing projects.

"We all dream a lot -- some are lucky, some are not" (Rice & Webber, Joseph
and Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; by the way, I recommend you this opera -
it's a good picture of some scientist's ideal).

Alexander Kopilovich                      aek@vib.usr.pu.ru
Saint-Petersburg
Russia