From: christoph.grein@eurocopter.com
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Re: Procedure Overloading
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:57:25 +0200 (MET DST)
Date: 2003-07-25T07:57:25+02:00	[thread overview]

Why on earth have the creators of the Ada GLU binding chosen to shoot themselves
into the foot?

I do not see a way to resolve the overloading ambiguity (except of course
changing the declarations :-(.

There are other ways to produce unresolvable ambiguities, e.g.

generic
  type T is private;
package G is
  procedure P (X: T);
  procedure P (X: Boolean);
end G;

with G;
package I is new G (Boolean);  -- legal, but I.P is unresovably ambiguous.