* ANN: XML EZ Out 1.03 posted
@ 2005-06-14 13:29 Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2005-06-14 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

XML EZ_Out is a small set of packages intended to aid the creation of
XML-formatted output from within Ada programs. It basically wraps the
tags and data provided to it with XML syntax and writes them to a
user-supplied medium.

XML EZ Out is available at http://www.mckae.com/xml_ezout.html.

Changes since 1.02:

Fixed bug dealing with "&" for "&" substitution.

* Re: ANN: XML EZ Out 1.03 posted
@ 2005-06-14 17:54 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2005-06-14 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:29:27AM -0500, Marc A. Criley wrote:
> XML EZ_Out is a small set of packages intended to aid the creation of
> XML-formatted output from within Ada programs. It basically wraps the
> tags and data provided to it with XML syntax and writes them to a
> user-supplied medium.

Great, just what I needed! :-)

One question. The code is GMGPL as the source suggests? Is it OK to
distribute the library source code with a program that uses it? Do you
want any special files to be included or it is ok as is?

Keep up the excellent work!

Preben

* Re: ANN: XML EZ Out 1.03 posted
@ 2005-06-15 13:13   ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2005-06-15 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:29:27AM -0500, Marc A. Criley wrote:
>
>>XML EZ_Out is a small set of packages intended to aid the creation of
>>XML-formatted output from within Ada programs. It basically wraps the
>>tags and data provided to it with XML syntax and writes them to a
>>user-supplied medium.
>

> Great, just what I needed! :-)

Glad to be of assistance! :-)

> One question. The code is GMGPL as the source suggests? Is it OK to
> distribute the library source code with a program that uses it? Do you
> want any special files to be included or it is ok as is?

Yes, it is GMGPL.

Yes, you can distribute the source code with a program using it.  Please
keep it together in a single directory and keep the String_Stream and
Text_File child packages in there, even if you're not using them, so
that the users of your app would see XML EZ Out as a utility they could
pick up and use as well.

In that folder you can omit the tmeztf.adb test program, as well as the
README, but I would appreciate a link somewhere in your README or other
documentation pointing back to www.mckae.com.

> Keep up the excellent work!

Thank you for your support :-)

Marc
www.mckae.com

* Re: ANN: XML EZ Out 1.03 posted
@ 2005-06-15 14:19     ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2005-06-15 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

"Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com> wrote on 15/06/2005 (13:16) :

> Yes, you can distribute the source code with a program using it.  Please
> keep it together in a single directory and keep the String_Stream and
> Text_File child packages in there, even if you're not using them, so
> that the users of your app would see XML EZ Out as a utility they could
> pick up and use as well.

I was thinking to put all in a mckae folder. Could you perhaps make the packages
with a bottom folder. If one unpack the packages now all files goes into
current directory. A bit more tidy if there is a hierarchy like:

mckae/README
mckae/mckae.ads

> In that folder you can omit the tmeztf.adb test program, as well as the
> README, but I would appreciate a link somewhere in your README or other
> documentation pointing back to www.mckae.com.

Think I'll leave all the file as they are. Perhaps the user might want
to try it herself/himself. I will link and mention all
libraries I use in the documentation too.

Preben

* Re: ANN: XML EZ Out 1.03 posted
@ 2005-06-15 15:58       ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2005-06-15 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol wrote:

> I was thinking to put all in a mckae folder. Could you perhaps make the packages
> with a bottom folder. If one unpack the packages now all files goes into
> current directory. A bit more tidy if there is a hierarchy like:
>
> mckae/README
> mckae/mckae.ads

Actually, that's exactly the hierarchy I have on my developmental
machine, I've just neglected to distribute it in that form.  So that's a
good point, and I'll ensure that gets done for future releases.

Marc
www.mckae.com