From: "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
To: "comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway" <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: Re: GtkAda for professional GUI-Application ?
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:58:10 -0500
Date: 2003-01-24T12:58:10-05:00	[thread overview]

Speaking as an "application" developer, using GWindows, CLAW or other native
framework will always give you a superior product on Windows. I prefer to
always abstract the GUI and write a version of the GUI front end for each
platform in their native framework (GtkAda for Linux, GWindows for Windows,
Cocoa for MacOSX, etc.)

Of course if you are just "hacking" a front end that end users will not be
using, GtkAda works OK on windows.

Support for GWindows/GNATCOM and GtkAda are both available from ACT
(sales@gnat.com)

David Botton