From: "Rolf Ebert" <rolf.ebert_nospam_@gmx.net>
To: "Vo, Anh \(US SSA\)" <anh.vo@baesystems.com>,
	comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: RE: Timing events in GNAT GPL 2006
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:10:26 +0100
Date: 2007-01-14T14:20:01+01:00	[thread overview]

> There are three things wrong with your codes. Two of them are critical.
> 1. The protected procedure Inc_Clock has wrong parameter mode. It must
> be in out mode.
> 2. The call Set_Handler from the protected procedure will result in a
> deadlock it is run.
> 3. Protected object must be declared at the library level. Yours is not.
> As the result, non-local pointer cannot point to local object error at
> lines 20 and 26

OK, I fixed issues 1 and 3 in my code and I can observe issue 2. I don't understand, however, why the deadlock occurs. Is the deadlock required by the RM or is it just due to GNAT's implementation of Timing_Events?

> I designed for both one shot and periodic timers using Timing Event. If
> it is helpful, I will post my code here. Just let me know.

Although I found by now your discussion from around March 2006, I'd like to see your code.

Thanks for your fast response.

   Rolf

Ideal f�r Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer