From: "Robert C. Leif" <rleif@rleif.com>
To: "'comp.lang.ada mail<->news gateway'" <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: RE: Best option for portable GUI?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:35:25 -0800
Date: 2003-01-17T09:35:25-08:00	[thread overview]

This is now becoming feasible. The next portable GUI should employ XForms.
For Windows this can be downloaded from http://www.formsplayer.com/
Frankly, since the literature posted at this site did not include a complete
working example, I had to ask for help on their Yahoo list. A gentleman
kindly sent me an example, which I will gladly e-mail to interested parties.
The bottom line is that one no longer needs JavaScript or the equivalent.
The combination of an Ada binding to XForms and an extended version of Tom
Moran's Simple_Server would be ideal for embedded applications. The use of
XForms and XML with the A# .NET compiler would permit the development of
very powerful Windows applications, which could be ported to other operating
systems.
Bob Leif