From: "David C. Hoos" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
To: "Daniel Vencler" <danielMAKNI@geofoto.hr>
Cc: "comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org" <comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
Subject: Re: Ada streams
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:26:27 -0600
Date: 2004-12-15T13:26:27-06:00	[thread overview]

One answer to the "when" question is "when you want to read and
write heterogeneous data to a file."

Such an example may be found at my web site

ftp://ada95.com/pub/pet_store.tar.gz
or
ftp://ada95.com/pub/pet_store.tgz

In addition to demonstrating streams, it demonstrates the use of
some of the object-oriented features of Ada95 -- e.g. derivation
of concrete types from abstract parent types.