* Ada interface to Winsock 2
@ 2003-02-18 16:41 Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2003-02-18 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm doing some Winsock work using ObjectAda. I would like to use some of the
functionality added with Winsock 2.0. The Win32Ada interface, however, is
based on the Winsock 1.1 API. I can write the a package with the Import
pragmas for the additional Winsock 2 functionality, but in order to avoid
"reinventing the wheel", I figure I should check my favorite NG to see if
someone has done this already. Is there an Ada interface to Winsock 2?

P.S.,

YES I am aware that socket work is much easier under Unix than it is under
MS Win, but unfortunately we cannot convince the client to change operating
systems at this point.

* Re: Ada interface to Winsock 2
@ 2003-02-18 18:24 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2003-02-18 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank J. Lhota wrote in message ...
>I'm doing some Winsock work using ObjectAda. I would like to use some
of the
>functionality added with Winsock 2.0. The Win32Ada interface, however,
is
>based on the Winsock 1.1 API. I can write the a package with the Import
>pragmas for the additional Winsock 2 functionality, but in order to
avoid
>"reinventing the wheel", I figure I should check my favorite NG to see
if
>someone has done this already. Is there an Ada interface to Winsock 2?

Claw.Sockets is an interface to Winsock. I believe that we support a few
Winsock 2 things, although not many, because we couldn't find anything
that most of those features were useful for. We'd be interested to know
what it is that you need.

             Randy.

* Re: Ada interface to Winsock 2
@ 2003-02-18 19:48 ` David Botton