From: sk <noname@myob.com>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: Is there a better (Ada) way?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:33:32 -0500
Date: 2003-10-22T14:33:32-05:00	[thread overview]

Mike Silva <snarflemike@yahoo.com>:
 > ... sure I'm not writing "C in Ada" ...

I was playing with an assembler written in Ada a while
ago. I also played with a small kernel.

After trying many awkward Ada ways, I came to the
conclusion that sometimes the "C" (masking, shifting
etc) way was a lot cleaner to look at, read and maintain
than hammering it into an "Ada way" of doing it.

So maybe, at the bit-twiddling level, C-in-Ada might
not be a bad way to go.

-- Merge vertically for real address
--
--     s n p @ t . o