From: sk <noname@myob.com>
To: "comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway" <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: Re: gnu-ada, gvd, and linux
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:06:49 -0600
Date: 2003-03-12T21:06:49-06:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

 > mine is 2.1.3 (I use an elder system, yet). do you recommend putting
 > in this lib from a newer system or does this corrupt the current one?

When I said "GLIBC is part of your system" re-read that as it is a vital
part of your system and one could say that GLIBC *IS* your system. So, I
would be really *REALLY* careful about arbitrarily deciding to install a
new GLIBC.

I less potentially fatal solution could be to follow
<jeff@thecreems.com> idea of rebuilding gdb against your current
GLIBC if that is possible. At the worst, gdb still doesn't work :-)

I have never tried to build gdb but I have first hand experience
of making a system unstable by building and installing GLIBC
inappropriatly. Not a pleasant experience :-(

-- Merge vertically for real address
--
--     s n p @ t . o
--      k i e k c c m