From: "Andrew Carroll" <andrew@carroll-tech.net>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
Subject: Re: Win32Ada Linker Problem
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 06:00:51 -0700
Date: 2004-03-28T06:00:51-07:00	[thread overview]

Okay, I found a path problem.
I also uninstalled Borland C++ 5.0.  Not that 'that' had anything to
do with it.   Before I continue banging my head against gnatmake,
let me address something you wrote.

>> Yes, GNAT 3.15p comes with Win32Ada binding.
Hmmm, okay....so I don't need to try and build Win32Ada myself?

See, I read somewhere in all the "umpteen" web sites that Win32Ada
was needed for something.  Either AdaGIDE needed it, or RAPID
needed it, or A# needed it.  I don't remember, it's been to many
hours since I read it.

So if Win32Ada is "__built__  into" AdaGIDE then I don't need
to build it.  Right?  I can stop with all the "linker problem" stuff?

My next question, based on the RAPID  web site.
ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/carlisle/usafa/rapid/index.html
NOT
http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/usafa/rapid/
Which are different.

Carlisle's web site (usafa) says:
"(Current implementations utilize the TASH binding to Tcl/Tk, the
GNAT to JVM compiler, the Microsoft .NET framework,
or GtkAda)."

:-), I'm laughing...

Does that mean I need TASH, Tcl/Tk "AND" GNAT to JVM
"AND" Framework
"OR ELSE"
Does that mean I need TASH, Tcl/Tk "AND" GNAT to JVM
"AND" GtkAda "NOT" the Framework
"OR ELSE"
Does that mean I need TASH and Tcl/Tk "OR" GNAT to JVM
"AND THEN" Framework "OR" GtkAda
????  :-)

The wuarchive says it like this:
"(Current implementations utilize the TASH binding to Tcl/Tk,
the GNAT to JVM compiler, or GNAT for JVM compiler. "

With no closing parenthesis.  Are you sure we need the
GNAT "to" JVM compiler and not the GNAT "for" JVM
compiler?  What are the chances that the links go to the
same "GNAT to/for JVM" compiler page?

You gotta be kidding me!

Andrew