* vxWorks Directory Browsing
@ 2005-02-28 17:35 matthew.gaehring
From: matthew.gaehring @ 2005-02-28 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need to be able to search a particular directory and pull in a
listing of all subdirectories that exist within that directory.  I am
using AdaMULTI 2000 compiling to run on a vxWorks 5.4 platform.  I know
GNAT has a nice and easy package to handle all that, unfortunately I
have no choice but to use AdaMULTI, can anyone help me out with a
method that would work?

* Re: vxWorks Directory Browsing
@ 2005-02-28 18:10 ` matthew.gaehring
From: matthew.gaehring @ 2005-02-28 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry to post again, but I thought I should also mention that I coding
in Ada95.

* Re: vxWorks Directory Browsing
@ 2005-02-28 19:26 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-02-28 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

matthew.gaehring@lmco.com wrote:
> I need to be able to search a particular directory and pull in a
> listing of all subdirectories that exist within that directory.  I am
> using AdaMULTI 2000 compiling to run on a vxWorks 5.4 platform.  I know
> GNAT has a nice and easy package to handle all that, unfortunately I
> have no choice but to use AdaMULTI, can anyone help me out with a
> method that would work?

For VxWorks, I'd be tempted to try and port the POSIX bindings from

http://libre.act-europe.fr/GNAT/

specifically

http://libre.act-europe.fr/GNAT/3.15p/florist-3.15p-src.tgz

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: vxWorks Directory Browsing
@ 2005-02-28 20:21   ` matthew.gaehring
From: matthew.gaehring @ 2005-02-28 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the reply, I wish that I could do just that, but
unfortunately I am limited to only using what is available within
Ada95, AdaMULTI, and vxWorks.  My employer is extremely restrictive in
that I can only use the specific tools that are contracted to this
program.

I'm willing to resort to vxWorks calls if there is no way within Ada to
do the directory browsing, if that's what I'm left with does anyone
have any suggestions how to do that in Ada?

* Re: vxWorks Directory Browsing
@ 2005-02-28 20:44     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-02-28 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

matthew.gaehring@lmco.com wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, I wish that I could do just that, but
> unfortunately I am limited to only using what is available within
> Ada95, AdaMULTI, and vxWorks.  My employer is extremely restrictive in
> that I can only use the specific tools that are contracted to this
> program.
>
> I'm willing to resort to vxWorks calls if there is no way within Ada to
> do the directory browsing, if that's what I'm left with does anyone
> have any suggestions how to do that in Ada?

In that case lookup the thin binding for "dirLib.h" that should be
provided with AdaMULTI. This is a POSIX library and one that florist
access - so you will be largely re-writing that bit of florist!

Standard package "Ada.Directories" is not Ada95 but Ada2005. There are
Win32 and Linux versions around but I don't of a VxWorks port.

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: vxWorks Directory Browsing
@ 2005-03-01  3:19     ` Frank Beard
From: Frank Beard @ 2005-03-01  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: matthew.gaehring, comp.lang.ada

What do you mean by "available within Ada95"?  The
ability to bind to OS calls (pragma Import) is "within
Ada".  And since that's within Ada, what's the
difference between writing the binding yourself, or
using a binding someone else has written?

Besides, anything "in Ada" will ultimately be wrapped
around an OS call anyway.

Also, you could always use an existing binding as a
template to make your own.

Frank

--- matthew.gaehring@lmco.com wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, I wish that I could do just
> that, but
> unfortunately I am limited to only using what is
> available within
> Ada95, AdaMULTI, and vxWorks.  My employer is
> extremely restrictive in
> that I can only use the specific tools that are
> contracted to this
> program.
>
> I'm willing to resort to vxWorks calls if there is
> no way within Ada to
> do the directory browsing, if that's what I'm left
> with does anyone
> have any suggestions how to do that in Ada?

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: vxWorks Directory Browsing
@ 2005-03-01 21:30       ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2005-03-01 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Beard <frank_ada2000@yahoo.com> writes:

> Also, you could always use an existing binding as a template to make
> your own.

But I would be slightly wary of licensing issues. The GMGPL that GNAT
code comes under says you can compile or instantiate it, it doesn't
say you can copy chunks of it into your own source tree ...

--
Simon Wright                               100% Ada, no bugs.

* Re: vxWorks Directory Browsing
@ 2005-03-02  3:48         ` Frank Beard
From: Frank Beard @ 2005-03-02  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Well, I didn't say copy it.  I said, "use it as a
template".  Maybe I should have said, "use it as an
example".  But, I know what you mean.

Frank

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250