* Re: SIGRTMIN, where is it defined ?
@ 2004-01-09  0:29 ` Mark Lorenzen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Mark Lorenzen @ 2004-01-09  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

bdavis9659@comcast.net (bud davis) writes:

> Which package can I "with" to get the value of SIGRTMIN ?
>
> gnat / linux / i386
>
> I would prefer not to hardcode a constant when it "should" come from a
> system level package.
>
> TIA,
> bud davis

SIGRTMIN is a mnemonic for the real-time signal with the smallest
ordinal value of the real-time signals in a POSIX-like operating
system. Note the word "POSIX-like" here: As we are talking about a
POSIX-like operating system, you need a package (or rather several)
that are meant to interface to a POSIX-like operating system.

Fortunately these are standardised in the international standard
ISO/IEC 14519. An implementation of this standard for the GNAT
compiler can be found here: http://libre.act-europe.fr/GNAT . The
implementation is called "Florist".

- Mark Lorenzen

* SIGRTMIN, where is it defined ?
@ 2004-01-09 17:51 bud davis
From: bud davis @ 2004-01-09 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2004-01-09 20:05 ` sk
From: sk @ 2004-01-09 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Assuming GNAT 3.15p on your Linux platform, doing an fgrep

"fgrep "SIGRTMIN" *"

in the

/usr/gnat/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.8.1/adainclude

directory, yields nothing, so it looks as if you will
have to hardcode the value.

Look at s-osinte.ads to see if GNAT has a different name
for the signal.

-- Merge vertically for real address
--
--     s n p @ t . o
--      k i e k c c m

* Re: SIGRTMIN, where is it defined ?
@ 2004-01-09 22:05 ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2004-01-09 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bud davis, comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org

On my RedHat 9 system, its in /usr/include/asm/signal.h

> Which package can I "with" to get the value of SIGRTMIN ?
>
> gnat / linux / i386
>
> I would prefer not to hardcode a constant when it "should" come from a
> system level package.
>
> TIA,
> bud davis

* Re: SIGRTMIN, where is it defined ?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-01-09 22:23 ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2004-01-09 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bud davis, comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org

If you have "florist" installed, you'll find it in the package
Posix.C as the constant POSIX.C.SIGRTMIN