From: "Carroll-Tech" <andrew@carroll-tech.net>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
Subject: Re: Hardware Interrupts
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 02:56:34 -0700
Date: 2004-02-23T02:56:34-07:00	[thread overview]

> ------------------------------
> From: tmoran@acm.org
> Subject: Re: Hardware Interrupts
>
>   According to Ralf Brown's Interrupt List Int11h means different things
> different BIOSes - are you sure yours is one that returns an equipment
list?
No.  Who is Ralf Brown?

> > Gnat 3.15p on a FreeBSD Unix 5.1
> > > entering protected mode.
> > Basically I've made my own bootloader and it will boot programs
I have no special code in the bootloader to switch to 32.  The bootloader
started out as an experiment.  The only thing it does really is a JMP.

> ------------------------------
> From: sk <noname@myob.com>
> Subject: Re: Hardware Interrupts
> [snip]
> <shameless plug>
> Another resource of course would be my translation of
> Frank Cornelis's Edu-OS into Ada. However, a misplaced
> "mke2fs" two falls ago (2002) totally destroyed that
> effort ... but I do have an Ada bootable from GRUB which
> you might find useful.
>
> "www.ktc.com/~sknipe/" follow the links to get the
> BOOT packages.
> </shameless plug>
>
> Simon
I think this can be helpful information in the future.  Thank you!!

Are the things I am asking about the same things that motivate
AdaOS to build a compiler?

It seems like what I need is to define a procedure, say
"getequiplist" and then define what machine code is
supposed to be generated by the compiler for "getequiplist".
Then when I used "getequiplist" the compiler would output
the machine code I want to be executed at the proper location
within the program.  Did that make any sense?  Speaking
abstractly and in general.

I guess another way to describe it is that if I wrote the procedure
in assembly and in Ada, after "making" the executables of each
one the machine code of both of them would look the same.

Can anyone tell what I'm trying to say or am I just loosing it?

Andrew