From: "amado.alves" <amado.alves@netcabo.pt>
Cc: <comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
Subject: RE: Ada 200Y
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:46:25 -0000
Date: 2003-12-19T15:46:25+00:00	[thread overview]

"Picking the Java-style interfaces as a standard way to do one flavor
of MI is easy to agree on."
Fake MI.
> /* Tangent but doubly related issue: increasing the power of
> generics viz. towards generic parameters would be also a more
> interesting addition to me. I mean to be able to pass a generic unit
> to a (mandatorily generic) unit. I came across many situations where
> this would be useful. */

I don't follow. How is this different from formal packages?
You can only pass instances as actuals for them. Instead I want to write for example
generic
  generic package Generic_Formal; -- Ada 2015
package P is
  type T is ...;

  package Instance is new Generic_Formal (T);
end;
generic
package G is
end;