* Re: GNAT and cross-platform GUI
@ 2003-01-29 17:56 David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2003-01-29 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jano" <402450@cepsz.unizar.es>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: GNAT and cross-platform GUI

> En el mensaje <3E37C949.5040908@earthlink.net>, mcq95@earthlink.net
> dice...
>
> > JGNAT did serve as the foundation for the development of A#, the Ada
> > compiler targed to .Net.
>
> Exists some public version of that A#? Or purchasable version, for that
> matter? Or is WIP?
It is WIP but there is a public version available at
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/a_sharp.html

there is also a European "mirror" for the downloads at
ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/mirror/ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs
/carlisle/asharp/

(Note that the above link may be "line-wrapped" by your news/mail client)

David

> --

* GNAT and cross-platform GUI
@ 2003-01-27 20:36 root
From: root @ 2003-01-27 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any consensus on the best (quickest?) way to write GUI programs
in Ada?  I'm looking the links to the (free) packages I'd need. The plan
is to write the programs under Linux, but (unfortunately) a MSWindows
version will also be required.

I don't have much experience with GTK yet -- guess that is about to change.

Me