From: "Alexandre E. Kopilovitch" <aek@VB1162.spb.edu>
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org
Subject: Re: Any ADA NASA Developer's out there?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:23:39 +0300 (MSK)
Date: 2004-01-23T21:23:39+03:00	[thread overview]

John Woodruff wrote:

> In case your academic interest extends past NASA to other
> high-technology applications of Ada, you might look at the National
> Ignition Facility laser, which is controlled by a distributed software
> system written using Ada.
>
> NIF is the world's most powerful laser, even though only 2% of the
> beams are complete.  Consider www.llnl.gov/nif/nif.html

There are quite interesting articles indeed. I have read some of them and
can testify that the system described there looks really complex and challenging,
and what is significant, the nature and necessity of that complexity is far
more clear in the case of NIF then in most cases related to NASA. And this is
also true for relevance of serious software tools (such as Ada language).

Alexander Kopilovitch                      aek@vib.usr.pu.ru
Saint-Petersburg
Russia