From: "Christopher Gosset" <chrg@online.no>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
Subject: Importing and using a C++  class in Ada. Pragma Cpp_Constructor, Cpp_Class
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 23:10:25 +0200
Date: 2005-05-05T23:10:25+02:00	[thread overview]

I need to use some  classes from a DLL in my Ada app. I was hoping that
this was a straigthforward thing to do using pragma import and pragma
cpp_class and cpp_constructor. Is there a working example of this
somwhere. I am building the damn dll myself and I am also buliding the
damn .def file myself but the damn thing will still not work. Functions
that are not class members are no problem this works perfect! Are there
any tutorials, sample code available on this? As I see it this is far
from intuitive and its a major reason for NOT converting to ada. What I
would like is a simple "MS Visual Studio " like library brows tree
thing. So instead of having to "build a new operating system" to solve
even the most trivial task, such as calling a member function or a
constructor I could actually add a with clause or import clause and then
be able to see whats available in the lib.

So if anyone has a working sample on the usage of these pragmas  I would
be more than happy.

I assume that the fact that there are no examples of the usage of these
Pragmas in the userguide or reference manual suggests that this is not
as straigth forward as advertised.
/CG