From: Michal Nowak <vinnie@inetia.pl>
Subject: Re: Resources for teaching a child Ada ?
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:55:24 +0100
Date: 2002-12-25T15:55:24+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2002-12-25 at 09:48 David Wright wrote:

>Hi Michal,

Hello David,

>It's Christmas day here in Australia and this looks like a very welcome
>present.

It's also Christmas time on the opposite part of the world :-).
I'm happy I was helpful to you.

>Just to be clear, before I download 75MGs of data. Is the F & K
>text distributed in .pdf format and among the files downloaded with the
>zip?
>Or does it constitute the on line help within the IDE itself (i.e.,
>hypertext format)?

I'm sorry to say, bad rather bad news time time. The book is available
only after installation of the compiler and it is in HTML format.
I suppose, that to be OK with the law, you have to at least download
and install the Aonix compiler to use HTML edition. Another solution
is to purchase a printed version, but that may be not a best one, since
you do not know what's inside and whether it will be suitable.
Here is a homepage of Michael Feldman:
http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/
there are some links at the bottom which may be of interest to you,
particularly:
http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/cs1book/
and click there "Introducing Algorithms: Adventures of the Spider"
to get a sample from the book.

Here
http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~csci190/spring01/190s01ada.html
you may find another tutorial by Michael Feldman.

>Many thanks for this tip.

You're welcome.

Merry Christmas to everyone,
   - Michal