From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT.sockets UDP Example
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 05:27:51 -0600
Date: 2002-11-16T05:27:51-06:00	[thread overview]

----- Original Message -----
From: "arvids lemchens" <lemchens@lemmies.lb.bawue.de>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Sent: November 15, 2002 3:48 PM
Subject: GNAT.sockets UDP Example

> Hello,
>
> i am looking for a very short and simple example how to send an
> (empty) UDP-datagram with GNAT (3.14p, Linux).
>
> Found one for TCP, but didn't get it to switch to UDP.
>
> Somehow it seems that i am to simpleminded for the "Send_Socket".

It's hard to guess what you might be doing wrong, without your code.

One guess -- did you create your socket like this?
Create_Socket (Socket, Family_Inet, Socket_Datagram);

How do you know that you didn't send correctly?  Could the problem
be on the receiving end?

What platform/OS are you using?

I have used GNAT sockets for TCP, UDP (broadcast and point-to-point),
and multicast with great success, by none of my examples is short or
simple.