From: Michal Nowak <vinnie@inetia.pl>
Subject: Re: parse word from a string
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:36:56 +0100
Date: 2002-11-12T22:36:56+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2002-11-12 at 11:25 mabes180@aol.com wrote:

>I'm new to Ada, can someone help me with this.
>I need to read a text file word by word. THe approach I took is to
>read each line of the text file and then parse the words out. I have
>read each line, now I have a hard time to parse the line into words
>and store them in an array. can someone help me with this.
>thanks

The procedure Find_Token from package Ada.Strings.xxxxx (xxxxx is
Fixed, Bouded or Unbounded, depending which Strings you use) is
what you are looking for. See Ada Reference Manual, section
A.4.3, A.4.4, A.4.5 in particular.

Hope this helps,
Michal

--  / _ \      | |                      I Choose Ada:
-- | |_| |  ___| |   _____   The Most Trusted Name in Software (TM)
-- |_| |_| |_____|_ |_____|_ http://www.adaic.org/whyada/choose.html