From: Peter <peter@atterfjall.pp.se>
Subject: Reduce scheduling interval on Linux...
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 09:08:54 +0100
Date: 2002-11-09T09:08:54+01:00	[thread overview]

On Red Hat linux a delay 0.0; would mean that process (thread) will be
out of processing for 10 (ms) by default. This is a kernel
configuration, and a good value in many cases. For my application I
would like to reduce this time to maybe 1 (ms), or try to optimise it to
the perfect value for the application. Yes, I know I am trying to make a
RTOS of something that is not, but this is really the only thing
missing, and the advantages of having a full system at least for
development makes me rather accept 10 (ms) that to have to cross compile
all the time.

Has anyone been changing this and could point me in the right direction.
Tried to do this once on Red Hat 7.0....but only got confused by the
parameter names and the comments around them in the kernel.... Are you
aware of any other full systems, beeing it Linux, BSD or whatever were
this value is lower or easily could be changed ?

( Yes I am aware I will take away lots of machine power with this short
scheduling times, but power is not yet an issue)

Thank you for any help on this

Peter Atterfj�ll     @Home
peter@atterfjall.pp.se