* Ada in VxWorks
@ 2002-09-24  8:05 Marcus Hedlund
From: Marcus Hedlund @ 2002-09-24  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I have managed to integrate GNAT pro with VxWorks and am trying to run a few
ada programs.
However I can only run the same Ada program once. After trying to run it
twice, an exception is raised and the program hangs.
Anyone had this kind of problem?

Any help would appreciated,

/M. Hedlund

* Re: Ada in VxWorks
@ 2002-09-24 12:39 ` stefan.lindesvik
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: stefan.lindesvik @ 2002-09-24 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcus Hedlund <marcus.hedlund@avionics.saab.se> wrote:
: Hi!

: However I can only run the same Ada program once. After trying to run it
: twice, an exception is raised and the program hangs.
: Anyone had this kind of problem?

You have to unld and (re)ld the program, e.g. from the target shell.

* Re: Ada in VxWorks
@ 2002-09-24 12:40 ` Emil Moholth
From: Emil Moholth @ 2002-09-24 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Marcus Hedlund" <marcus.hedlund@avionics.saab.se> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have managed to integrate GNAT pro with VxWorks and am trying to run a
few
> ada programs.
> However I can only run the same Ada program once. After trying to run it
> twice, an exception is raised and the program hangs.
> Anyone had this kind of problem?

We are experiencing exactly the same.

> Any help would appreciated,

A solution would be convenient.

> /M. Hedlund

mvh

emilm

* Re: Ada in VxWorks
@ 2002-09-24 22:44 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-09-24 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcus Hedlund wrote:
> I have managed to integrate GNAT pro with VxWorks and am trying to run a few
> ada programs.
> However I can only run the same Ada program once. After trying to run it
> twice, an exception is raised and the program hangs.
> Anyone had this kind of problem?

I have to say that I don't really have that issue with GreenHills Ada.
Of course you do have to realise that xvWorks does not clean up
allocated resources for you like typical modern desktop OS's do. So if
you you allocate a lot of memory and don't bother to free it, you may
eventually find you have to reboot in order to run your program again.

* Re: Ada in VxWorks
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-09-24 23:00 ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2002-09-24 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is also true of the older VADS products. At least with VADS, the issue
was that
certain constructs (some default initialization, perhaps others) are done
not by generating code
but by inserting the default values in the the initialized data segment.
There are many benefits to
this but one downside is that if the data segment is then modified as the
program runs and you try
to re-run without a re-load you can end up with all sorts of strage
behaviour.

In some cases this is not as bad at it sounds. In general for my
applications I just have the main program
always running (perhaps doing nothing -- blocked) and just use externally
named procedures
(pragma Export) that I can call repeatedly (the external procedures will
typically run over
and over with no problems).

@ 2002-09-25 15:39   ` Toshitaka Kumano
From: Toshitaka Kumano @ 2002-09-25 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcus,

stefan.lindesvik@emw.ericsson.se wrote:

> Marcus Hedlund <marcus.hedlund@avionics.saab.se> wrote:
> : Hi!
>
> : However I can only run the same Ada program once. After trying to run it
> : twice, an exception is raised and the program hangs.
> : Anyone had this kind of problem?
>
> You have to unld and (re)ld the program, e.g. from the target shell.

See
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gnat_ug_vxw/Frequently-Asked-Questions-for-VxWorks.html

--
Toshitaka Kumano