From: Toshitaka Kumano <kumano@cl.cilas.net>
Subject: Re: Ada GUI for Windows and Linux
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:07:48 +0900
Date: 2002-09-12T07:07:48+09:00	[thread overview]

Are you sure that there is "ObjectAda for Linux" ?

"Frank J. Lhota" wrote:
(snip)
> Currently, we are using the ObjectAda compiler.
(snip)
> for our client has also expressed an interest in porting this program to Linux.
> fashion.
(snip)

> so we would have to
> rehost a lot of code to GNAT, as well as requiring that some fellow
> contractors to convert their work to GNAT. It is doable, but painful and
> politically unpopular.

If "Object Ada for Linux" is not available, I consider that you should port
your sources to GNAT (or others support Linux) at first, before considering
GUI, although you think that might be painful.

IMHO, you are *happy* because your sources does not include GUI now.
If you change compiler sooner or later, do it *now*, not after you
add GUI.

GUI might add more dependency upon compiler or OS to your sources,
as you understand.

--
Toshitaka Kumano
Kamakura, Japan