* read from stdin
@ 2002-07-05 14:28 Philipp Schulte
From: Philipp Schulte @ 2002-07-05 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I have very little knowledge of Ada but I have to use it for some
programming exercises at my university. I would like to know how I can
accomplish the following:

I need to have a loop that runs forever and in every cycle it should
check if a key has been pressed and if so some function - depending on
the character - has to be called. If no key has been pressed then it
should just continue running.

The problem is not the loop or the calling of different functions but
the reading of the character. Since I am using GNU/Linux I guess I
just have to read one character from stdin but how can I do this?
Thanks for any hints,
Phil

* Re: read from stdin
@ 2002-07-05 14:35 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2002-07-05 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Philipp Schulte <pschulte@uni-duisburg.de> wrote on 05/07/2002 (16:32) :
> Hello,
> I have very little knowledge of Ada but I have to use it for some
> programming exercises at my university. I would like to know how I can
> accomplish the following:
>
> I need to have a loop that runs forever and in every cycle it should
> check if a key has been pressed and if so some function - depending on
> the character - has to be called. If no key has been pressed then it
> should just continue running.
>
> The problem is not the loop or the calling of different functions but
> the reading of the character. Since I am using GNU/Linux I guess I
> just have to read one character from stdin but how can I do this?

Check:

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~puk/tetris.txt

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 �For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.�

* Re: read from stdin
@ 2002-07-05 14:59   ` Philipp Schulte
From: Philipp Schulte @ 2002-07-05 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

In comp.lang.ada, you wrote: