From: "David C. Hoos" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: "Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault".
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:13:42 -0500
Date: 2002-07-03T08:13:42-05:00	[thread overview]

SIGSEGV is a UNIX signal sent to the process by the operating
system when the process attempts to access memory at an illegal
address.

There are many causes of  illegal address, so it is impossible to
answer your question more fully without additional information.

In the context of an Ada program, it might well be attempting to
use an access value which was never initialized, or which has
become invalid because the memory which it accesses was freed
by a call to an instantiation of Ada.Unchecked_Deallocation.

I hope this helps.