From: sk <noname@myob.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT internals question
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:28:26 -0500
Date: 2002-06-26T17:28:26-05:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

"David C. Hoos" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
> Am I making this clear?

I think you are saying that "ada_main___elabb" is a stub
which is never called and that I do not need to worry
about it ?

My unease arises since the AMEB issue is out of user-domain
control and vaguely fits into the virtual "environment task"
domain (a very very sketchy comprehension of the LRM), that
this is implementation defined and therefore under some
circumstances GNAT might use it.

The "environment task", as established by the link process
and the gnat-run-time-library, is far greater than the Ada
main which has the structure

    adainit
    call my-code
    adafinal

with AMEB floating around somewhere.

Perhaps the AMEB is called by some of the "implementation
defined" "environment task" and run-time libraries prior
to invoking the Ada main ?

If this is all irrelevent, as you suggest, the question
then becomes one of why does gnatbind create AMEB then ?

As an aside, I am not trying to control AMEB, just to
account for it and ensure that I do not mistakenly
ignore it when loading an Ada main outside of a
standard OS context.

--
-- Merge vertically for real address