* Date and Time
@ 2002-06-26 17:28 Fraz
From: Fraz @ 2002-06-26 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

How would i go about reading the Date and Time from within an ada program
running under windows? (likely to be NT and XP)?

I want to read the date so that i can assoicite certain information with
that particular date! make sense? i hope so!

Thanks in advance

Fraz

* Re: Date and Time
@ 2002-06-26 17:55 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2002-06-26 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Look at the package Ada.Calendar documented in ARM 9.6. This provides a
function called "Clock" and all of the necessary operations for examining
the time when it gives you back an object of type "Time".

If this doesn't do what you want, post again and maybe we can help.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

"Fraz" <fraz@totalise.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> How would i go about reading the Date and Time from within an ada program
> running under windows? (likely to be NT and XP)?
>
> I want to read the date so that i can assoicite certain information with
> that particular date! make sense? i hope so!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Fraz

* Re: Date and Time
@ 2002-06-26 18:16 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2002-06-26 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

>How would i go about reading the Date and Time from within an ada program
  Use the facilities in the package Ada.Calendar.

* Re: Date and Time
@ 2002-06-26 18:18 Gautier direct_replies_not_read
From: Gautier direct_replies_not_read @ 2002-06-26 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fraz:

>I want to read the date so that i can assoicite certain information
>with that particular date! make sense? i hope so!

Do you want the "wall clock" time ? Look at the Ada.Calendar
package. There is a small example in Time_Log.adb, paqs.zip,
URL below.

HTH!
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

NB: For a direct answer, address on the Web site!