From: "Robert C. Leif" <rleif@rleif.com>
Subject: RE: runtine instanciation
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 07:54:27 -0700
Date: 2002-06-17T07:54:27-07:00	[thread overview]

From: Bob Leif
To: Dmitry Kazakov et al.
1) I do not believe that sacrificing the reliability of the entire
program by switching to SmallTalk is a reasonable solution.

2) Even if I create a tagged type for my record, I still have to fill
its fields. As I previously stated, the allowable data types and their
methods have been previously compiled. I realize that one could use
access types. However, I am hoping for a very simple static solution
based on the use of the compiler. I believe that this is now well within
the capabilities of the combination of modern Ada compilers and our PCs,
which now have capabilities well beyond those envisaged by the original
creators and users of Ada. I ran RR on an 8088 based 4.88 megahertz PC
with I believe 256 K of RAM. I now, in order to run COTs products, have
a computer with half a Gig of RAM and a 1.6 Gigahertz CPU. The bus width
has now been expanded from 1 to 4 or 8 bytes. I suspect that the linker
technology is the part that may have to be modified.