* control breaks in ada?
@ 2002-06-07 18:14 tr4ck
From: tr4ck @ 2002-06-07 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, can someone give me an example of control breaks in ada?

* Re: control breaks in ada?
@ 2002-06-07 18:37   ` sk
From: sk @ 2002-06-07 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen)
> Sure, just tell us what a "control break" is.

Last I heard, firemen cut a 50yd or so swath
of trees to stop the spread of forest fires.

--
-------------------------------------
-- Merge vertically for real address

* Re: control breaks in ada?
@ 2002-06-07 19:15 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2002-06-07 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-06-08  3:41     ` Eric G. Miller
From: Eric G. Miller @ 2002-06-08  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <mailman.1023475082.30644.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>, sk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen)
>> Sure, just tell us what a "control break" is.
>
> Last I heard, firemen cut a 50yd or so swath
> of trees to stop the spread of forest fires.

Sorry, that's a "fire break".

* Re: control breaks in ada?
@ 2002-06-08  8:06   ` Michal Nowak
From: Michal Nowak @ 2002-06-08  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2002-06-07 at 13:15 Kilgallen@SpamCop.net wrote:

>In article <hK6M8.200852$xS2.15380347@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>, "tr4ck"
><tr4ck@rediffmail.com> writes:
>> Hi, can someone give me an example of control breaks in ada?
>
>Sure, just tell us what a "control break" is.

Ctrl + Break ? :-)

Mike, who really wonders what original poster meant.

* Re: control breaks in ada?
@ 2002-06-08  8:11   ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-06-08  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) writes:

> In article <hK6M8.200852$xS2.15380347@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>, "tr4ck" <tr4ck@rediffmail.com> writes:
> > Hi, can someone give me an example of control breaks in ada?
>
> Sure, just tell us what a "control break" is.

Maybe the break/continue with C. In this case:

   while (1) {
      if (xyz) break;
   }

is in Ada:

   loop
        exit when xyz;
   end loop;

For readability (if the loop is big) you can name this loop:

   Search_Name : loop
      exit Search_Name when xyz;
   end loop Search_Name;

Pascal.

--|

* Re: control breaks in ada?
@ 2002-06-08  9:51       ` sk
From: sk @ 2002-06-08  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> Sorry, that's a "fire break".

Oh.

Well in that case, wash your hands and sterilize all
equipment. According to ADA guidlines, this is the
accepted method to control and break infection cycles.

www.hsc.wvu.edu/micro/dental2001/ schafer/xinfection.pdf

--

@ 2002-06-08 10:00 ` sk
From: sk @ 2002-06-08 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

OK, enough silliness :-)

> Hi, can someone give me an example of control breaks in ada?

How about giving a context ? DOS ? Windows ? Linux ?

Are you refering to an out of band signal like CTRL-C ?

Or just scanning the input buffer for special characters ?

I think that this might be a starting point on the idea,

    www.tc.umn.edu/~puk/Adatasking-Pukite.pdf

but the code shows a TTY and a SPIO package. So you
probably need to find a console package for whatever
platform you are running on.

--