* Re: IO-PORTS (part 2)
@ 2002-05-15  4:32 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2002-05-15  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Qwerty" <alexanderdupont@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Sent: May 15, 2002 2:18 AM
Subject: IO-PORTS (part 2)

<snip>

> The program has to be interrupt-driven. What interrupt_id do I have to
> use for the COM1-port (I suppose Names.SIGINT ??? What else, because
> it's not working).

If you uise the DOS interrupts package at
http://users.ncrvnet.nl/gmvdijk/other_os.html#DOSINT
then you use Jerry's interrupt chaining mechanism, and you use whatever
IRQ is assigned to the port you're using.

> How to use the Interrupt_Priority pragma? I mean, you have to write
> something like: pragma Interrupt_Priority(???).. But I don't really know
> what to write in the ??? place, even constants like Max_Priority as
> specified in the Systems package don't compile..
> BTW My PC is an Intel with Windows 98.

I wouldn't even bother with interrupt priorities, and in any case, they
don't apply to Jerry's package.

* IO-PORTS (part 2)
@ 2002-05-15  7:18 Qwerty
From: Qwerty @ 2002-05-15  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Thanks for the help on my first question (see topic IO-PORTS). I already
have a sort of working prototype but still I have some questions left.

The program has to be interrupt-driven. What interrupt_id do I have to
use for the COM1-port (I suppose Names.SIGINT ??? What else, because
it's not working).

How to use the Interrupt_Priority pragma? I mean, you have to write
something like: pragma Interrupt_Priority(???).. But I don't really know
what to write in the ??? place, even constants like Max_Priority as
specified in the Systems package don't compile..

BTW My PC is an Intel with Windows 98.

Any help is welcome,
Alexander