From: "Steven Deller" <deller@smsail.com>
Subject: RE: Generation of permutations (copyright)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:09:02 -0400
Date: 2002-05-13T16:09:02-04:00	[thread overview]

Christoph,
My apologies to all.

While I remember writing this for a course on Ada that I prepared ada
gave at UofMD on my own time, I forgot that it was later included into a
Verdix library unit "ordering" (along with a heapsort, quicksort and
insertion sort) and even later included with all Apex releases.

As such, it now bears a Copyright from Rational, all rights reserved (it
is slightly different than my original).

If you have a Rational license you are able to use the code.  (Last I
knew, any verifiable educational institution can get a Rational Apex
license for free.)

I do not know if Rational would be willing to go to a copyleft or
similar for this code.  Maybe you could ask them.

You could get a copy of Discipline of Programming and just transliterate
the algorithm therein to Ada 95.  It would look a lot like this (which
is a transliteration from Djkstra's "code" into Ada 83).

Again, my apologies for forgetting that I had given my code to Verdix to
be incorporated in the VADS product back in 1984/5.

Regards,
Steve