From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: Digital MoBoard in Ada
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 06:13:24 -0500
Date: 2002-05-12T06:13:24-05:00	[thread overview]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zach Swanson" <x24702@usma.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Sent: May 12, 2002 12:39 AM

> Could your perhaps elaborate on what the Digital "Mo-Board" project
> is, because the website you listed doesn't present very much
> information.

Moboards are so-called Maneuvering Boards which are used to manually
plot the relative motion of ships approaching each other. There is a nice
Power Point presentation used in Naval Officer training classes at
http://www.colorado.edu/NROTC/NAVR_Classes/3020_-_Nav_II/Rel.Motion-_Moboard_1
_.ppt

As with many very powerful and useful computer programs, even the need for or
the desirability of a particular program cannot even be imagined by someone
unfamiliar with the problem domain.

My own work is in an area of endeavor that I didn't even imagine existed,
until called upon to write software for it.

> Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com> wrote in message
<snip>