* Re: Case statement and Integers.
@ 2002-04-22  9:11 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2002-04-22  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Sorry, this is my mistake. The correct expamle:
>
> case Numbers (J) is
>    when Numbers_Array_Element_Type'First .. Pivot - 1 =>
>    when Pivot + 1 .. Numbers_Array_Element_Type'Last =>
>    when others =>
>       null;
> end case;
>
> and, Pivot must be constant.

No, it must be static! Non-static choices are allowed only if there is just one
choice with this value (except for an additional others choice).

* Case statement and Integers.
@ 2002-04-20 16:42 Wannabe h4x0r
From: Wannabe h4x0r @ 2002-04-20 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a statement like this...

	case numbers(j) is
		when numbers(j) < pivot => swap(left_swap, right_swap);
		-- If the number is less than the pivot, swap it with the number
		-- to the right of the Pivot;
		when numbers(j) > pivot => swap(right_swap, left_swap);
		-- If the number is greater than the pivot, then do the opposite of the
		-- above.
		when numbers(j) = pivot => null;
		when others => null;
	end case;

Now, it's pretty obvious whats wrong here. The swap procedure is
expecting an Integer, and instead it's getting a boolean value due to the
'>', '<', and '=>' operators.

Whats the proper way to indicate to the compiler that I want to send
the numbers indexed by "left_swap" and "right_swap" to the swap procedure
rather than the results of the boolean test in the case statement?

Thanks for your patience.

Chris