* How to interface to Prolog?
@ 2002-04-12  9:49 Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2002-04-12  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I would like to call a procedure written in Prolog from Ada or another
way round. I Could not find any information on this.

One way to resolve this is to write a C-wrapper but I want to do it pure
Ada-Prolog if possible.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks.
--
Remove *nospam* to email.              -- Adrian Hoe
                                       -- http://adrianhoe.com

* Re: How to interface to Prolog?
@ 2002-04-12 14:03 ` Dale Stanbrough
From: Dale Stanbrough @ 2002-04-12 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Hoe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to call a procedure written in Prolog from Ada or another
> way round. I Could not find any information on this.
>
> One way to resolve this is to write a C-wrapper but I want to do it pure
> Ada-Prolog if possible.
>
> Any ideas, anyone?
>
> Thanks.

There is a Prolog interpreter written in Ada from the Anna (Ada
annotation language) toolset written at Stanford (?) many years
ago, that I made more Ada95 like quite some time ago.

It was for a project that never really got off the ground, so
although the packages seem to work a bit, I can't guarentee how
thoroughly it would work.

I attempted to contact the copyright holders when I got a copy
of it, but could never make raise them from the dead.

The source code can be found at...

   http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~dale/software/index.html

Dale

* Re: How to interface to Prolog?
@ 2002-04-12 14:39 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-04-12 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Hoe <mailbox@*nospam*adrianhoe.com> wrote in message news:<3cb6a1aa_2@news.tm.net.my>...
> I would like to call a procedure written in Prolog from Ada or another
> way round. I Could not find any information on this.
>
> One way to resolve this is to write a C-wrapper but I want to do it pure
> Ada-Prolog if possible.

If you can interface to it from C, you should be able to interface to
it from Ada using C convention and import pragmas, no?

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)

* Re: How to interface to Prolog?
@ 2002-04-12 18:26 Alexandre E. Kopilovitch
From: Alexandre E. Kopilovitch @ 2002-04-12 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anatoly Chernyshev <rhezusfactor@yahoo.com> wrote:
>There is very good yet freely available Prolog package at www.amzi.com,
Well, indeed there is quite good thing at www.amzi.com - Amzi Logic Server -
a Prolog compiler with more or less comprehensive API.

>which includes dll-libraries and several samples of how to interface Amzi
>Prolog with other languages (C, Java, VB...)
And Delphi. Although those provided there "language binding" are too straightforward
(in my opinion).

>You may wish to peep into these samples and adapt the library for Ada.
Yes, it is definitely possible, I have done that already.

> I was planning this for myself a while ago, but had no time yet.
I was planning to create Ada bindings for that Amzi Logic Server (and make
them publicly available) for about 2 years, and I'm still planning to do so.
But for the same reason (deficit of free time), I still didn't complete that
work. At this moment I think I have that bindings in a working state, but
they weren't tested enough, and the docs are slightly incomplete. I think that
the job may be completed in 2 or 3 weeks, but I'm not sure when I can afford
such a time for it. Perhaps, in coming May or summer.
  And I'd like to note here, that in the process of creating those bindings,
I became very dissatisfied with the Ada support for the character strings.
That poor support appeared to be a major obstacle for the design of the convenient
bindings.

Alexander Kopilovitch                      aek@vib.usr.pu.ru
Saint-Petersburg
Russia