From: "Alexandre E. Kopilovitch" <aek@vib.usr.pu.ru>
Subject: Re: How to interface to Prolog?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:26:11 +0400 (MSD)
Date: 2002-04-12T22:26:11+04:00	[thread overview]

Anatoly Chernyshev <rhezusfactor@yahoo.com> wrote:
>There is very good yet freely available Prolog package at www.amzi.com,
Well, indeed there is quite good thing at www.amzi.com - Amzi Logic Server -
a Prolog compiler with more or less comprehensive API.

>which includes dll-libraries and several samples of how to interface Amzi
>Prolog with other languages (C, Java, VB...)
And Delphi. Although those provided there "language binding" are too straightforward
(in my opinion).

>You may wish to peep into these samples and adapt the library for Ada.
Yes, it is definitely possible, I have done that already.

> I was planning this for myself a while ago, but had no time yet.
I was planning to create Ada bindings for that Amzi Logic Server (and make
them publicly available) for about 2 years, and I'm still planning to do so.
But for the same reason (deficit of free time), I still didn't complete that
work. At this moment I think I have that bindings in a working state, but
they weren't tested enough, and the docs are slightly incomplete. I think that
the job may be completed in 2 or 3 weeks, but I'm not sure when I can afford
such a time for it. Perhaps, in coming May or summer.
  And I'd like to note here, that in the process of creating those bindings,
I became very dissatisfied with the Ada support for the character strings.
That poor support appeared to be a major obstacle for the design of the convenient
bindings.

Alexander Kopilovitch                      aek@vib.usr.pu.ru
Saint-Petersburg
Russia