* Re: Need some help
@ 2002-04-05  6:13   ` Richard Riehle
From: Richard Riehle @ 2002-04-05  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

achour ait hamou wrote:

> Hi every one;
>
> I'm a beginner in Ada programmation. I need to code a software for aircraft
> Head Up Display system, so I don't know if someone have any idea how to do
> it in Ada. I'll appreciate your help, even if you can send me some papers or
> publications in this field.
>
> Thanks a lot.
> -------------------------
> achour Ait Hamou.
> Montreal, Canada.

Merhaba Hamou,

You may download a copy of  my booklet, Ada Distilled, from www.adaic.org.

It is a starting point, but not a book on advanced Ada.    Also get a copy of
Ada As A Second Language by Norm Cohen and Concurrency in Ada by
Burns and Wellings.

You should also develop a friendship with one of the other Ada programmers
in your organization so you have someone who can answer questions or give
you direction as you go.

Richard Riehle

* Need some help
@ 2002-04-05  8:08 ` achour ait hamou
From: achour ait hamou @ 2002-04-05  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-04-05 14:15   ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2002-04-05 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are you asking about how to learn Ada programming in general or is there
something specific about Heads-Up Displays you had in mind?

If you're just trying to learn Ada well enough to get your job done, you can
find lots of books available at: http://www.adapower.com/ (See the "Books"
tab) There are also on-line books/tutorials there as well. (See the "Learn
Ada" tab) If you want help on some specific piece of Ada code that you have
trouble with, post a code snippet here and chances are someone will answer
you.

Try to be a little more specific with your question & maybe we can be more
helpful.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

"achour ait hamou" <achour.ait@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> I'm a beginner in Ada programmation. I need to code a software for
aircraft
> Head Up Display system, so I don't know if someone have any idea how to do
> it in Ada. I'll appreciate your help, even if you can send me some papers
or
> publications in this field.

* Re: Need some help
@ 2002-04-05 16:54   ` Darren New
From: Darren New @ 2002-04-05 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

achour ait hamou wrote:
> I thank you for your answer. Right now, there is nobody who's working with
> Ada. It's a new project for commercial aviation, so I'll appreciate if you
> accept that somtimes I send you some questions.

Am I the only one who is nervously wondering what aircraft this project
is for? Or is it normal to put someone on this sort of project for a
commercial aircraft who has no experience in doing this sort of thing?
Or am I just misreading the question?

(No offense intended. I have no experience either. But I wouldn't be
trying to gain experience with safety-critical commercial airliner
software all on my own with no local help.)

--
Darren New
      Remember, drive defensively if you drink.

* RE: Need some help
@ 2002-04-05 17:20     ` Mário Amado Alves
From: Mário Amado Alves @ 2002-04-05 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> I thank you for your answer. Right now, there is nobody who's working

>> with Ada. It's a new project for commercial aviation, so I'll
>> appreciate if you accept that somtimes I send you some questions.
(Achour)

> Am I the only one who is nervously wondering what aircraft this
project is for?
(Darren)

No, you're not the only one. But that is all I know. Achour?
--MAA

* RE: Need some help
       [not found] <3CAD4074.B7DC374@adaworks.com>
@ 2002-04-05 19:14 ` achour ait hamou
From: achour ait hamou @ 2002-04-05 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Richard;

I thank you for your answer. Right now, there is nobody who's working with
Ada. It's a new project for commercial aviation, so I'll appreciate if you
accept that somtimes I send you some questions.

Thanks once again.

achour.

@ 2002-04-06  8:43     ` achour ait hamou
From: achour ait hamou @ 2002-04-06  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi every one;

Really, what I need is modeling a problem of Head Up Display in Ada then to
code it. Specifically, I'm looking for papers about this topics for the
first time. After, I will need to know how to program tasks and GUI
(graphical user interfaces) in Ada. I thank you for your help, I visited
adapower.com, it's a very nice site.

achour Ait Hamou

From: achour ait hamou @ 2002-04-06  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry if I was ambigous in my message, believe me I'm working hard just to
can modelize my problem.
 -------
achour.

@ 2002-04-06 21:27       ` John R. Strohm