From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: rendez-vous underlying mechanism
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 04:40:48 -0600
Date: 2002-03-26T04:40:48-06:00	[thread overview]

When building a program with older versions of GNAT, you
would get a C file produced by the gnatbind step.  E.g.,
if your main program was in hello.adb, the file produced
would be named b_hello.c

If you built with the -g option, the C file and its object
would be retained -- if not, they were deleted.

But, know also, that in such a case, there would be both
a hello.o and a b_hello.o file in your directory.

In more recent versions of GNAT, the bind file can be
generated in either Ada or C (the default is Ada).  In
the case of Ada bind files, there is both a spec and a body,
files named b~hello.ads, and b~hello.adb, for a hello.adb
main program.

All of this is thoroughly documented in the GNAT User's
Guide, along with an explanation of the content and purpose
of these files.

I have been using GNAT since 3.04, and at no time ever
was any Ada code translated to C, by any of these versions.