From: "David C. Hoos" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: rounding floating point numbers
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:24:21 -0600
Date: 2002-02-20T17:24:21-06:00	[thread overview]

Bear in mind that floating point numbers cannot exactly represent
fractional decimal values, unless the fractional part happens to be
an integer multiple of a negative integer power of 2 -- e.g. 0.5,
0.25, 0.75, etc.

Further, the maximum number of digits approximately expressible
in floating point representation is constrained by the declaration
of the floating point type -- e.g., type My_Float is digits 6;

Are you sure you want to use floating point?  Have you considered
decimal Fixed_Point types?