* Ada Article in Crosstalk
@ 2002-02-07  7:18 Richard Riehle
From: Richard Riehle @ 2002-02-07  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is an excellent article about a project completed
in Ada in the February 2002 issue of Crosstalk.  The
web address is:

        http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/crosstalk/crosstalk.html

The article is on page 25, titled:

  "U.S. Army Develops High Quality, Extremely Low Cost Digital Message
Parser"
                                                   by Edgar Dalrymple.

Richard Riehle

* Re: Ada Article in Crosstalk
@ 2002-02-07  7:29 ` sk
From: sk @ 2002-02-07  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try

http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/CrossTalk/2002/feb/feb02ind.asp

(and download the pdf) since

http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/crosstalk/crosstalk.html

gives me 404.

-------------------------------------
-- Vertically merge for real address
-------------------------------------
s n p @ t . o
 k i e k c c m
-------------------------------------

* Re: Ada Article in Crosstalk
@ 2002-02-07 12:35   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2002-02-07 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <mailman.1013067003.15790.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>, sk <noname@myob.com> writes:
> Try
>
> http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/CrossTalk/2002/feb/feb02ind.asp
>
> (and download the pdf) since
>
> http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/crosstalk/crosstalk.html
>
> gives me 404.

Actually, by the time I get the 404, the URL is reading

http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/crosstalk/crosstalk.asp

so it certainly appears to be a more complex web site error than
simply having the .html missing :-)

* Re: Ada Article in Crosstalk
@ 2002-02-08  6:26 ` Anders Wirzenius
From: Anders Wirzenius @ 2002-02-08  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Riehle wrote in message <3C622A41.78B0599B@adaworks.com>...
>There is an excellent article about a project completed
>in Ada in the February 2002 issue of Crosstalk.  The
>web address is:
>
>        http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/crosstalk/crosstalk.html
>
>The article is on page 25, titled:
>
>  "U.S. Army Develops High Quality, Extremely Low Cost Digital Message
>Parser"
>                                                   by Edgar Dalrymple.
>
>Richard Riehle

If a web page link is opened in a new window the correct address is more
likely to be shown in the address field.
In MSIE click with right mouse on the link and choose "open in new window".
The more correct address is shown in other posts in this thread.

Anders Wirzenius

* Re: Ada Article in Crosstalk
@ 2002-02-08 11:42   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2002-02-08 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <kcK88.18$zN1.5473@read2.inet.fi>, "Anders Wirzenius" <anders.wirzenius@pp.qnet.fi> writes:

> In MSIE click with right mouse on the link and choose "open in new window".

A proper attempt at programming that in Ada would run afoul of the
compiler type-checking.  My Macintosh has MSIE, but no "right mouse"
click :-)