* Beaujolais effect - was: Re: [gnatlist] Re: Gnat bug or stupid me?
@ 2002-01-23 10:59 Christoph Grein
From: Christoph Grein @ 2002-01-23 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > remember the Beaujolais effect.
>
> I'm intrigued ... would you care to explain ?

The Beaujolais effect means different program behaviour depending on the absence
or presence of a use-clause.

The name derives from a wager (long ago in the Ada83 development days) about a
bottle of Beaujolais between Jean Ichbiah and someone else to give an example of
such an effect.

The bottle was won. I do however not know which the winning example was. Is
there anybody left to know?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-01-23 10:59 UTC | newest]