* Re: equivalent to ATOI in ADA
@ 2002-01-04 16:09 ` Alfred Hilscher
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2002-01-04 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Look at the attributes 'Value and 'Image.

wurm wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Id like to know if there is an equivalent to ATOI already built into ADA
> somewhere, I realize that i could simply import it from C but id prefer not
> to do that if i dont have to
>
> Thanx!
>
> Phil

Phil the "wurm" ?

* Re: equivalent to ATOI in ADA
@ 2002-01-04 16:12 ` Ted Dennison
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-01-04 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <a14iun$25i$1@dns3.cae.ca>, wurm says...
>Id like to know if there is an equivalent to ATOI already built into ADA
>somewhere, I realize that i could simply import it from C but id prefer not
>to do that if i dont have to

Integer'Value

I highly suggest you look through Appendex K of the LRM
(http://www.ada-auth.org/~acats/arm-html/RM-K.html). There are lots of goodies
in there. While you are at it, have a look through Annex A too.

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

* Re: equivalent to ATOI in ADA
@ 2002-01-04 16:16 ` Michal Nowak
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Michal Nowak @ 2002-01-04 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02-01-04 at 10:46 wurm wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Id like to know if there is an equivalent to ATOI already built into ADA
>somewhere, I realize that i could simply import it from C but id prefer not
>to do that if i dont have to
>
>Thanx!
>
>Phil

A : Integer;

A := Integer'Value("Integer_Number");

Mike
                             ____|
                             \%/ |~~\
  O                                  |
 o>>        Mike Nowak               |
 T                                   |
/ >       vinnie@inetia.pl           |
http://www.geocities.com/vinnie14pl _|__

* equivalent to ATOI in ADA
@ 2002-01-04 16:46 wurm
From: wurm @ 2002-01-04 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-01-04 17:15   ` wurm
From: wurm @ 2002-01-04 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanx for the reply, i had looked through there but must of missed it

funny thing was, i decided to not be lazy and wrote my own 3 line algorithm
to do the conversion, and finished it as soon as i saw your message :)

Phil

"Ted Dennison" <dennison@telepath.com> wrote in message
> In article <a14iun$25i$1@dns3.cae.ca>, wurm says...
> >Id like to know if there is an equivalent to ATOI already built into ADA
> >somewhere, I realize that i could simply import it from C but id prefer
not
> >to do that if i dont have to
>
> Integer'Value
>
> I highly suggest you look through Appendex K of the LRM
> (http://www.ada-auth.org/~acats/arm-html/RM-K.html). There are lots of
goodies
> in there. While you are at it, have a look through Annex A too.
>
> ---
> T.E.D.    homepage   - http://www.telepath.com/dennison/Ted/TED.html
>
> No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
> However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

* Re: equivalent to ATOI in ADA
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-01-04 17:49 ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2002-01-04 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

You would use the Integer'Value attribute function.

> Id like to know if there is an equivalent to ATOI already built into ADA
> somewhere, I realize that i could simply import it from C but id prefer
not
> to do that if i dont have to
>
> Thanx!
>
> Phil

* Re: equivalent to ATOI in ADA
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-01-04 20:25 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-01-04 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

"wurm" <a@b.c> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Id like to know if there is an equivalent to ATOI already built into ADA
> somewhere, I realize that i could simply import it from C but id prefer not
> to do that if i dont have to

Just to be pedantic, there is no function, in any standard language
library I know of, named "ATOI". There is one in ANSI C named "atoi".
Since C is case-sensitive, that's clearly a different function :).

Hey, it's 2002. Let's start the year off right!

--
-- Stephe

* Re: equivalent to ATOI in ADA
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-01-04 20:36 ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2002-01-04 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

wurm <a@b.c> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi!

> Id like to know if there is an equivalent to ATOI already built into ADA
> somewhere,

I'm not sure whether Integer'Value(string_variable) will fit your needs.

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Ich kann auch "42" zu jedem Artikel schreiben und die Antwort ist immer
richtig. Nur die Frage war halt falsch. (Ulli Horlacher in dcoum)

* Re: equivalent to ATOI in ADA
@ 2002-01-04 21:17   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2002-01-04 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <uofk97tj8.fsf@gsfc.nasa.gov>, Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

> Just to be pedantic, there is no function, in any standard language
> library I know of, named "ATOI". There is one in ANSI C named "atoi".
> Since C is case-sensitive, that's clearly a different function :).
>
> Hey, it's 2002. Let's start the year off right!

I am all in favor of doing things right, but it is too much work to get
all those C programmers to change their language to case-neutral.