* Communicate with data in Excel, 2nd
@ 2001-12-06 22:57 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-12-06 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Hullo!

So, I followed Ted's proposal and the result is a
-hopefully- user-friendly interface for Dynamic Data Exchange.
In win_paqs.zip, page below, there is now
  DDE.ad*
  DDE-Excel.*
  DDE_Test*
The latter is a functional demo, filling a spreadsheet with
data.
Maybe I'll look at the COM approach later - especially
if this is a mean to get rid of the language-sensitiveness
in Excel's DDE commands...

State of these sources are "draft" and comments are welcome.

* Re: Communicate with data in Excel, 2nd
@ 2001-12-07 10:34 ` Frank
From: Frank @ 2001-12-07 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I thought that DDE was a technique that is about to be abandonded by MS?
In my last project we worked on getting rid of DDE and use ActiveX/OLE
instead.
Newer versions of our development tool did not support DDE anymore.

Frank

* Re: Communicate with data in Excel, 2nd
@ 2001-12-07 13:05 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-12-07 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

>Hi!

>I thought that DDE was a technique that is about to be abandonded by MS?
>In my last project we worked on getting rid of DDE and use ActiveX/OLE
>instead.
>Newer versions of our development tool did not support DDE anymore.

Considering that even Excel 5.0a from 1993 did respond to my DDE
requests, I wouldn't be surprised. OLE will be the next one and you'll
have to reprogram all in XDCOM-.NET/Sgrunf2 in a couple of years.
So is life...

G.