From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Subject: Re: Handling interrupts
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:40:31 -0600
Date: 2001-11-23T15:40:31-06:00	[thread overview]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-David Tr�panier" <JDT@hy.cgocable.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
To: <comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
Sent: November 23, 2001 3:14 PM
Subject: Handling interrupts

> Hi! I would like to discover how to use interrupts handlers on Ada95 so I
> was wondering if someone has an example that show how to attach a handler to
> the keyboard. Example: when you press on a key, the system write a message:
> "key pressed"
If that which interests you is just the keyboard, then you don't need an
interrupt
handler.  You should look at Ada.Text_IO.Get_Immediate which can wither
be called so as to not return until a key has been pressed, or to return
immediately with a Boolean object set to indicate whether a new character
is available.

If you're looking for keyboard scan codes -- e.g. to get non-character inputs
such as funcion keys or the change of state of the Shift, Alt, or Ctl keys,
then you have an OS-dependent problem.
 .
<snip>